Unlock the entire platform of HOOPS products free for 60 days
Unlock Your Data
HOOPS Publish enables your application to publish 3D data in several ways, including as native 3D PDF, HTML and in a variety of standard CAD formats.
Web and mobile technology, new standards and free readers have changed how people expect to consume data. They want to get the data out of the applications that they use, and view that data from the application throughout the product lifecycle. HOOPS Publish can make it possible.
Extend the reach of your engineering data with HOOPS Publish:
- Interactive 3D PDF Documents – Create smart reports, work instructions, TDPs and more
- Interoperability and Archiving – Publish to industry standard formats
- Visualization and Collaboration – View 3D models in a browser or in Adobe® Reader
Why HOOPS Publish?
HOOPS Publish enables solutions for almost any workflow. It all starts with importing 3D models and engineering data from industry standard formats into HOOPS Publish. You can also bring in process information and presentation information, such as templates. Then use HOOPS Publish to enable your application to publish data across the entire product development process.
Three common workflows are:
- Publish a rich 3D model in several standard formats, including STEP, JT and 3MF for additive manufacturing workflows.
- Publish HTML or PDF so that anyone can view and interact with the model – with no need for a proprietary viewer or CAD system.
- Generate interactive 3D PDFs with HOOPS native 3D PDF technology–incredibly valuable documents that can support any workflow.
Learn More, download the free 3D PDF whitepaperDownload Now
HOOPS Publish is uniquely based on native Adobe technologies and is the only software development kit (SDK) that offers access to the native 3D read and write technology used within Adobe Reader.
How can HOOPS Publish benefit you?
- Reads a range of standard-format 3D data files
- Publishes 3D PDF documents
- Offers a range of 3D PDF templates
- Provides access to native PDF libraries, with no need for extra licensing
- Enables interaction with 3D data within the 3D PDF document
HOOPS Publish provides a publishing API built on top of the native PDF libraries from Adobe with no extra licensing. Software development teams can easily add simple or complex document output capabilities into existing applications.
Developers can read 3D data from formats including PDF, IGES, STEP, SAT, XT, IFC, PRC, U3D and VRML. They can publish the data to a 3D PDF file in either U3D format or Adobe’s preferred PRC format. Developers can also publish in standardized CAD formats including STEP AP 242, JT 9.5, IGES, 3MF, STL as well as HTML to create a 3D web viewer.
Advantage of PRC
HOOPS Publish Features
- Read source 3D data from industry-standard formats including PDF, IGES, STEP, SAT, XT, IFC, PRC, U3D and VRML
- Publish 3D PDF file in either U3D format or Adobe’s preferred PRC format, a robust neutral file format embraced by the standards community for 3D engineering
- Publish CAD formats including STEP AP 242, JT 9.5, IGES, 3MF and STL
- Publish HTML
- Provide full access to the assembly tree, B-Rep, PMI and tessellations using PRC
- Include PDF templates to create more advanced, interactive 3D PDFs including pre-defined objects populated with user-defined data
- Contain customized elements such as title, logo, 3D window position, page type, page orientation and paper color
- Generate new custom templates for clients through Adobe Acrobat Pro
- Support rich content such as text, images, tables, buttons and 3D annotations
- Integrate seamlessly with HOOPS Exchange to easily turn CAD data into 3D PDFs
- Include poster generation for the 3D window to ensure all 3D PDF documents have an equivalent 2D representation
- Incorporate true Adobe Acrobat password security for document protection
- Embed native CAD, documents, spreadsheets and other files to PDF documents as attachments
- Access and read the 3D data within an existing 3D PDF file
|Universal 3D||ECMA-363 (1st, 2nd & 3rd editions)||X|
|VRML||V1.0 and V2.0||X|
|STEP AP 242||All versions||X||X||X|
|STEP AP 242||X||X||X|
Create a limitless range of 3D PDF documents by combining HOOPS Publish with source PDF template files. Below are a few examples showing different approaches to delivering rich 3D information for the design and manufacturing process.
Important: Please save these documents first, and then open with Adobe Reader, and click on "trust this document" to view the 3D content. Click on the viewports to activate the 3D content.
Got a question? Let one of our experts help you find the answer