For applications using solid B-Rep data, the two things users demand most are accuracy and robustness. Without accuracy, operations fail and models are no longer useful downstream. But absolute accuracy is only the initial requirement. Users also expect applications to handle challenging modeling operations, even when dealing with complex shapes. Siemens’ Parasolid® software is the world’s leading geometric modeler because it delivers both extreme accuracy and unmatched robustness.
Even better, Parasolid now bridges the gap between solid and mesh-based worlds. New Convergent Modeling™ is a single geometric modeling component with a unified set of modeling functions for facet models and classic B-Reps.
Products such as NX and Solid Edge from Siemens, SOLIDWORKS from Dassault Systèmes, Workbench from ANSYS and the Delcam family of CAM applications all depend on Parasolid to handle their serious modeling needs. You, your development team and your users can depend on it just as confidently.
Siemens’ Parasolid® software is the world’s premier 3D geometric modeling kernel technology, selected by leading application vendors and end-user organizations spanning multiple industries as their preferred platform for delivering innovative 3D solutions with unparalleled modeling power and versatility. Parasolid is tightly integrated with both HOOPS Exchange and HOOPS Visualize. It can be licensed on its own or together with these additional industry-leading toolkits to offer a complete, world-class platform of cooperative engineering software components for your application development.
- Provides an ideal core for innovative 3D modeling application development.
- Reduces development costs and risks by providing a proven 3D modeling solution.
- Ensures state-of-the-art quality and robustness.
- Offers world-class technical support for rapid time-to-market.
- Enables instant compatibility with other Parasolid-based applications through translation-free exchange of 3D data solutions.
- Used in over 3.5 million seats of application software globally.
- Approximately 45 percent of 3D CAD models embed Parasolid native XT representation.
- Over 850 man-years of R&D investment.
- Provides industry-leading robustness with over a million quality tests run daily.
Siemens’ Parasolid® software is built on foundation capabilities that enable it to be deployed successfully in a wide variety of software applications. Its foundational capabilities include:
- Tolerant modeling for intrinsically reliable modeling with imported data.
- Attributes and callbacks for application-specific characteristics and behavior.
- Session and partitioned rollback for flexible history and undo/redo implementation.
- New Convergent Modeling for integrating facet data into B-Rep workflows without data conversion.
- Data management and tracking for managing models and associated data as they evolve.
- Symmetric multi-processing support for optimal performance on multi-processor machines.
- Model storage in forwards and backwards compatible native XT format.
- .NET binding to integrate Parasolid into .NET applications written in C#.
- Broad platform coverage including comprehensive support for Windows, Linux, Unix and Mac.
In addition to these foundation capabilities there are a wealth of further features available depending on the level of Parasolid licensing selected: Communicator, Editor or Designer. Details of which functionality is available in which package are in the Product Functionality table in this section. There is additionally the option of licensing Parasolid Bodyshop, which offers advanced healing, geometry repair and model clean-up capabilities.
|Full Boolean functionality||Yes|
|Edge and Face Blending||Yes|
|Free form lofting and sweeping||Yes|
|Unite, subtract and intersect operators||Yes||Yes|
|Sheet trimming and extension||Yes||Yes|
|Profile sweep and spinning||Yes||Yes|
|Patching of holes in 3D models||Yes||Yes|
|Editing and Optimization||Yes||Yes|
|Identification and removal of model detail||Yes||Yes|
|Face deletion and replacement||Yes||Yes|
|Swept and spun outlining||Yes||Yes|
|Import and Export||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Reading/Writing of Parasolid XT files||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Boundary representation import||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Trimmed surface import and sewing||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Creation of solid primitives||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Creation of B-spline entities||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Interrogation and Computation||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Topological evaluation and inquiries||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Geometric evaluations and inquiries||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Min/max distance and clash detection||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Visualization and drafting||Yes||Yes||Yes|
Got a question? Let one of our experts help you find the answer