Assemble. Produce. Share.Demand for 3D PDF is exploding among individuals, enterprises and governments who all depend on it to get critical work done. While 3D PDF can pack all the power needed for intelligent document sharing, not all 3D PDFs are the same. Those created with the HOOPS Publish SDK, which uses native Adobe® technology, are more accurate, complete, interactive and secure than the rest. By producing your 3D PDF files with HOOPS Publish, your application will be able to address critical MBE and other high-value uses, creating extremely rich 3D documents with advanced layout, interactive 3D objects, fully accurate B-Rep data and critical metadata such as PMI. For serious workflows demanding high quality 3D PDF files, only HOOPS Publish will get the job done.
HOOPS Publish is uniquely based on the native Adobe® technologies and is the only software toolkit that offers access to the native 3D read and write technology used within Adobe Reader®. The 3D PDF format is an open, data-rich and secure solution for sharing and archiving 3D data. By integrating HOOPS Publish in your own application, you can simply generate 3D PDF documents that can be read by the vast majority of the world's desktops. That's building with the best. How can HOOPS Publish benefit you?
- Reads a range of standard-format 3D data files.
- Allows publication of rich 3D PDF documents.
- Offers a range of purpose-built 3D PDF templates.
- Provides access to native PDF libraries, with no need for extra licensing.
- Enables interaction with 3D data within the 3D PDF document.
HOOPS Publish provides a purpose-built publishing API built on top of the native PDF libraries from Adobe® with no need for extra licensing. Using the publishing API, software development teams can easily add simple or complex document output capabilities into existing applications. Using HOOPS Publish, developers can read source 3D data from a range of industry-standard formats including PDF, PRC, U3D and VRML and publish the data to a 3D PDF file in either U3D format or Adobe’s preferred PRC format. The advantage of PRC is that it provides a highly accurate and highly compressed format for describing 3D CAD models including Assembly Structure, B-Rep, Geometry and product manufacturing information (PMI). 3D PDF has been accepted for ISO (International Standardization Organization) publication and is rapidly gaining momentum, particularly in the defense and aerospace industries. Using HOOPS Publish, developers are able to:
- Read source 3D data from industry-standard formats including PDF, PRC, U3D and VRML.
- Publish the data to a 3D PDF file in either U3D format or Adobe’s preferred PRC format, a robust neutral file format embraced by the standards community for 3D engineering.
- Provide full access to the assembly tree, B-Rep, PMI and tessellations using PRC.
- Include PDF templates to create more advanced, interactive 3D PDFs including pre-defined objects populated with user-defined data.
- Contain customized elements such as title, logo, 3D window position, page type, page orientation and paper color.
- Generate new custom templates for clients through Adobe Acrobat Pro.
- Support rich content such as text, images, tables, buttons and 3D annotations.
- Integrate seamlessly with HOOPS Exchange to easily turn CAD data into 3D PDFs.
- Include poster generation for the 3D window to ensure all 3D PDF documents have an equivalent 2D representation.
- Incorporate true Adobe Acrobat password security for document protection.
- Embed native CAD, documents, spreadsheets and other files to PDF documents as attachments.
- Access and read the 3D data within an existing 3D PDF file.
Read Formats (from within an application)HOOPS Publish is designed as a publishing solution only. If CAD import is required directly into your application, you must license HOOPS Exchange.
|Universal 3D||ECMA-363 (1st, 2nd & 3rd editions)|
|VRML||V1.0 and V2.0|
|= this concept is not supported by this format|