Toolkit Products HOOPS Visualize
HOOPS Visualize is the industry’s most powerful, portable and complete graphics development toolkit for creating or enhancing 3D applications. HOOPS Visualize will help you accelerate the development of high-performance applications for desktop, cloud or mobile applications using the high-level graphics APIs that power almost 300 applications.
When you license HOOPS Visualize, you enter into a strategic technology partnership. Our graphics experts serve as an extension of your R&D team, working towards our mutual success. The result is your application will look, behave and perform like it was built by a large team of true graphics experts ̶ no matter the size of your development team.
HOOPS Visualize also integrates with other powerful, portable toolkits, including HOOPS Exchange and HOOPS Publish, giving you a complete framework for full-spectrum application development covering file import, modification and publication for the desktop, cloud and mobile environments.
HOOPS Visualize offers an extensive and configurable feature set, essential for creating competitive and complex 3D software applications to meet the demands of today's advanced application users.
HOOPS Visualize provides a wealth of high-level APIs delivering a wide range of functionality that also insulates your application from the rapidly changing graphics landscape, protecting your development project from the underlying changes while taking full advantage of the most recent graphics capabilities. It fully leverages the latest GPU innovations via both OpenGL and Direct3D to deliver best-in-class performance and visual fidelity. Portability across all major platforms, rendering and hardcopy interfaces makes it easy for your software team to rapidly develop applications with no constraints on deployment. HOOPS Visualize is the only visualization platform with a history of driving leading commercial engineering software across the entire application industry.
How can HOOPS Visualize benefit you?
- Reduce project development costs.
- Earlier completion and faster time to market.
- Allows you to focus on your competitive value-add and core competencies.
- Deliver best-in-class user-interaction and application productivity.
- Create high competitive advantage for your applications.
- Develop applications on a robust and future-proof technology.
At its core, HOOPS Visualize provides a flexible, hierarchical scene-management engine capable of handling a range of graphics entities, together with a sophisticated graphics pipeline and high-performance graphics and interaction handling algorithms. It also delivers advanced capabilities to accelerate your application development, including an animation engine, clash detection, multi-plane sectioning, and large model visualization.
HOOPS Visualize offers a wide range of technical features, outlined below.
- Rich, flexible Scenegraph: 3D/2D, point clouds, text, images
- High Performance drivers: OpenGL, DirectX, Hardcopy Support
- Wide-UI Support: MFC, Qt, WPF, JavaSwing, ATL
- Language Support: C, C++, C#, Java
- Multi-Platform Support: Win32/64, Linux 32/64, Unix, Solaris, Mac OS/X
- Large Model handling: interactive frame rate algorithms
- Extensive Point-Cloud Functionality: dynamic LOD, splat rendering
- Fast Clash Detection Engine: soft and hard clashes
- Advanced Navigation: walk-through, gravity and terrain following
- Advanced GPU effects: real-time shadows, ambient occlusion, reflection panes, fast silhouette edges, blooms
- Animation Engine: video reviews, simulations, collision detection
- Smart Text Handling: annotations, 3D bill-boarding
- High-quality TrueType font support, 3D text support, text greeking
- Fast multi-layer transparency: depth peeling, screen door techniques
- Bounded multi-plane sectioning, cut-aways sectioning, endcaps
- High quality and fast hidden line removal
- Interpolated analysis shading
- High quality WYSIWYG hardcopy output with large format support
- Shader-based rendering for OpenGL2 and DirectX
- Stereo rendering (3D viewing)
- 3D mouse support
Licensees of HOOPS Visualize are provided with a full Developer Support service, and can optionally request a Priority Support service if an even closer level of technical partnership is required.
The standard Developer Support service includes:
- Rapid responses via phone or email from 9am – 5pm PST, Monday-Friday.
- Online documentation and worked examples.
- Access to regular standard and advanced training courses.
- Online issue submission, tracking and resolution.
- Ability to log enhancement suggestions for future releases.
The optional Priority Support service includes everything under Developer Support together with the following additional benefits:
- Expedited responsiveness for Priority customers.
- Bundled training programs.
- Direct access to high-level technical resources dedicated to your project.
HOOPS Visualize supports the following platforms:
|nt_i386_vc90||x64 or x86||Windows XP/Vista/7 (32-bit)||Visual Studio 2008|
|nt_x64_vc90||x64||Windows XP/Vista/7 (64-bit)||Visual Studio 2008 for x64|
|nt_i386_vc10||x64 or x86||Windows XP/Vista/7 (32-bit)||Visual Studio 2010|
|nt_x64_vc10||x64||Windows XP/Vista/7 (64-bit)||Visual Studio 2010 for x64|
|linux||x86||Ubuntu 10.04 LTS||gcc/g++ 4.4.3|
|linux_x86_64||x64||Ubuntu 10.04 LTS||gcc/g++ 4.4.3|
|osx_x86||x86||MAC OSX 10.5||gcc/g++ 4.2.1|
|osx_x64||x64||MAC OSX 10.6||gcc/g++ 4.2.1|
|solaris||SPARC Version 1||Solaris 8 and higher (SunOS version 5.7 and higher)||Sun Studio 8 C/C++ 5.5|
|solaris64||SPARC9 Version 1||Solaris 8 and higher (SunOS version 5.7 and higher)||
Sun Studio 8 C/C++ 5.5
|solaris_i386||X86||Solaris 10.0 and higher||Sun Studio 11 C/C++ 5.8|
|solaris_x64||x64||Solaris 10.0 and higher||Sun Studio 11 C/C++ 5.8|
|iOS||Arm6||iOS 5.X and higher||Xcode 4.0+|
HOOPS Visualize supports a range of 3D and 2D Formats. Some formats require additional libraries to be installed as shown in the tables below:
|File Format||Import||Export||Additional Libraries Required|
|PDF (2D/3D)||X||HOOPS Publish|
|SKP||X||Google SketchUp SDK|
* For DGN, HOOPS provides basic capabilities to directly import DGN CAD and Wireframe information. To import fully rendered 3D information, a plugin for Microstation is provided to export an HSF file that can be read by HOOPS Visualize.
A plug-in is also provided to export 3D and visualization data from Autodesk 3DS Max.
|File Format||Import||Export||Additional Libraries required|
Provides core and advanced functionality for creating high performance 2D & 3D applications, including:
- Rich 2D and 3D integrated scene-graph creation and management.
- Fast on-screen viewing, manipulation and interaction.
- Full support for optimal rendering on both OpenGL and Direct3D.
- High-quality text rendering and management.
- Crisp print and plot output.
- Support for all major 32-bit and 64-bit platforms, including Windows Vista.
- Comprehensive and intelligent handling on 70+ popular graphics cards.
- Pre-integration with all major UI systems.
- Source-code level sample applications for desktop, web, Java and .NET
- Very Large Model Visualization for real-time viewing of large datasets.
- Animation Engine including record, playback and serialization.
- Advanced point-cloud visualization.
- Fast clash-detection for both static and dynamic scenes.
- Advanced sectioning on multiple planes for creating cutaway views.
- Professional annotation options including 3D bill-boarding and occlusion.
- Advanced shader-based material rendering with a customizable material library.
- Walk-through operators including gravity and collision avoidance.
- Highly-optimized polycylinder primitives for pipework rendering.
- Advanced multi-layer transparency for displaying hidden objects.
- Direct import of DWG*, DGN*, DWF*, VRML, OBJ and STL formats.
- Support for stereo and immersive viewing.
- Support for high-resolution, large format hardcopy output.
For each Tech Soft 3D product, licensing and license fees are designed to provide excellent value, helping developers spend their R&D funds efficiently and quickly deliver successful products to market. Specific license fees vary depending on the Tech Soft 3D products and modules required, the level of service and support desired, end-user seat volumes, operating business model, etc.
We would be glad to arrange a consultation with a member of our Business Development team to review your specific project and provide detailed licensing information based on your own requirements. To arrange your consultation please contact us today.
Don't just take our word for it…
“It's crucial that our customers have top-quality 3D rendering of their device designs, and the ability to interactively modify and mesh their 3D solid models. By building our new Preprocessor on the HOOPS Visualize and the 3D ACIS Modeler, we have been able to efficiently create a state-of-the-art product that will enable our customers to produce more accurate analyses and save considerable engineering time.”
Dr. Stephen Breit, Vice President of Engineering, Coventor