PDF Solutions and Toolkit Products HOOPS Publish
HOOPS Publish is the only SDK that gives your application the power to publish rich, interactive 3D PDF documents with the same native technology used by Adobe® to create and consume 3D PDF files. Data generated with HOOPS Publish has guaranteed compatibility with Adobe applications, including the free, ubiquitous Adobe Reader®, installed on over 93% of internet-connected computers globally.
3D PDF is not just popular, it's also powerful, capable of sharing data with the greatest accuracy and compression, including assembly instruction, B-rep, geometry and PMI, alongside other vital information including text, tables, images and more. As your technology partner, we'll provide you with easy-to-use API's including pre-built templates, and the assistance to smoothly integrate HOOPS Publish into your application.
HOOPS Publish is uniquely based on the native Adobe® technologies and is the only software toolkit that offers access to the native 3D read and write technology used within Adobe Reader®. The 3D PDF format is an open, data-rich and secure solution for sharing and archiving 3D data. By integrating HOOPS Publish in your own application, you can simply generate 3D PDF documents that can be read by the vast majority of the world's desktops. That's building with the best.
How can HOOPS Publish benefit you?
- Reads a range of standard format 3D data files.
- Allows publication of rich 3D PDF documents.
- Provides a range of purpose-built 3D PDF templates.
- Uniquely provides access to native PDF libraries with no need for extra licensing.
- Allows interaction with 3D data within the 3D PDF document.
HOOPS Publish provides a purpose-built publishing API built on top of the native PDF libraries from Adobe® with no need for extra licensing. Using the publishing API, software development teams can easily add simple or complex document output capabilities into existing applications.
Using HOOPS Publish, developers can read source 3D data from a range of industry-standard formats including PDF, PRC, U3D and VRML and publish the data to a 3D PDF file in either U3D format or Adobe’s preferred PRC format. The advantage of PRC is that it provides a highly accurate and highly compressed format for describing 3D CAD models including Assembly Structure, B-Rep, Geometry and product manufacturing information (PMI).
3D PDF has been accepted for ISO (International Standardization Organization) publication and is rapidly gaining momentum, particularly in the defense and aerospace industries.
Using HOOPS Publish, developers are able to:
- Provide PDF templates to create more advanced, interactive 3D PDFs. Templates contain pre-defined objects, populated with user-defined data.
- Customize the generic elements of the PDF page including title, logo, 3D window position, page type, page orientation and paper color.
- Use Adobe Acrobat Pro to generate new custom templates for clients.
- Include poster generation for the 3D window to ensure all 3D PDF documents have an equivalent 2D representation.
- Add further information such as annotations to the 3D data.
- Incorporate true Adobe Acrobat password security for document protection.
- Add file attachments to PDF documents.
- Access and read the 3D data within an existing 3D PDF file.
Import Formats (from within an application)
HOOPS Publish is designed as a publishing solution only. If CAD import is required directly into your application, you must license HOOPS Exchange.
|Universal 3D||ECMA-363 (1st, 2nd & 3rd editions)|
|VRML||V1.0 and V2.0|
|= this concept is not supported by this format|
HOOPS Publish is available on 32 and 64-bit Windows platforms:
|Windows 8, Windows XP, Vista/7 (32-bit)||Visual Studio 2008, 2010 or 2012|
|Windows 8, Windows XP, Vista/7 (64-bit)||Visual Studio 2008, 2010 or 2012|
Using HOOPS Publish together with source PDF template files, an almost limitless range of 3D PDF documents can be created. Below are a few examples showing different approaches to delivering rich 3D information for the design and manufacturing process:
Example: Crank Arm with Complex PMI (PDF, 5.1Mb)
Example: Animated Disassembly of Landing Gear (PDF, 4.7Mb)
Example: Mouse with Multi-View Components (PDF, 2.8Mb)
Example: Simple Part with Complicated PMI (PDF, 5.1Mb)
Example: Drinks Can Product with Multi-Views (PDF, 2.1Mb)
Example: Sports Car with Multi-Views (PDF, 9.1Mb)
Don't just take our word for it…
“The 3D PDF Converter for Revit uses HOOPS Publish because it is the only tool that ensures Revit files map precisely to PRC – which is necessary for our customers to display their valuable data with the highest integrity and portability.”
Michael Schell, President, 3DA Systems
- HOOPS Publish Product Sheet (289 KB)
- 3D PDF - Manufacturing (5 MB)
- 3D PDF - Architecture (5 MB)
- 3D PDF - Sales Automation (9 MB)