Toolkit Products HOOPS Exchange
Found in more software seats worldwide than any other data access technology, HOOPS Exchange is the highest-performance, complete and affordable way to bring 3D CAD data into your application. For one low, per-seat fee, your application gains the power to import complete 3D CAD data, including PMI, tessellations and B-Rep from 21 file formats, faster than any other solution on the market.
HOOPS Exchange gives you maximum portability, with the option to deploy your application in desktop, cloud and enterprise environments, the compatibility to synchronize your application with a variety of supply chain workflows, and the flexibility to adapt your product offering without tight license restrictions.
By licensing HOOPS Exchange, you gain a valuable partner who cares about your success. Tech Soft 3D is continually updating, extending and improving our data access libraries to make you competitive. HOOPS Exchange also easily integrates with other 3D toolkits in the HOOPS Product Suite, HOOPS Visualize and HOOPS Publish, creating a complete framework for reading, visualizing and publishing 3D CAD data.
HOOPS Exchange offers a range of benefits to companies building engineering applications. By incorporating a rich data-access capability within your applications you are able to provide your products into engineering workflows that rely on access to third-party CAD or 3D data formats.
HOOPS Exchange is robust, high-performance and the technology of choice for adding data access into your application workflow.
How can HOOPS Exchange benefit you?
- Develop using libraries with a long-standing reputation for excellence.
- Gain access to multiple CAD formats in a single integration.
- Expand your supported 3D formats, your user base and sales opportunities.
- Ensure your application always has access to the latest format versions.
- Simplify your support issues with a single interface for all CAD import.
- Focus your resources on your core application strengths.
- Reduce development risk by using established and proven technology.
HOOPS Exchange delivers the highest performance file-reading capability available, so you can compete effectively in different markets without any dependency on proprietary CAD systems and without having to develop all the file-reading technology in-house.
HOOPS Exchange provides all the integration controls a development team requires to easily build robust data-access into an application. It delivers a wide range of 3D data types in all major CAD and 3D formats via a rich set of APIs that provide ease of implementation as well as full control over the data delivered. By incorporating the HOOPS Exchange toolkit into an application, software development teams can readily offer a robust and rich access to precise engineering information to satisfy even the most demanding technical requirements.
The range of data provided by the HOOPS Exchange toolkit includes:
- Tessellated data, for easy and accurate visualization of 3D models.
- Precise B-Rep data, for accuracy of archiving, modeling and measurement.
- All topology and geometry for solid, surface and wire frame models.
- Complete Product Structure including assemblies, sub-assemblies and parts.
- Both visual (visual) and semantic (data) Product Manufacturing Information (PMI).
- Metadata and common attributes, including colors, persistent ID and layers.
HOOPS Exchange ensures you get everything you need to build data-exchange into your application in one self-contained development toolkit:
- Access to all files in major proprietary and generic CAD and 3D formats.
- All formats available in single library from one supplier.
- One simple, consistent interface for all supported formats.
- Support for exporting to standard file formats including IGES, STEP and Parasolid.
- Continually updated with new formats and versions to ensure your application is current.
- Extensive modeler-specific geometry cleanup and healing to prepare the data for downstream use.
- No dependency on any third party technology or external libraries.
- Available in OSX and 32- and 64-bit versions for both Windows and Linux platforms.
- Combine with HOOPS Publish to produce lightweight, precise 3D PDF files.
- Tight integrations with HOOPS Visualize and HOOPS Publish.
HOOPS Exchange gives you access to the following formats for Import:
HOOPS Exchange gives you access to the following formats for Export:
HOOPS Exchange is made available to your developers in two separate packages, one for reading and one for writing 3D data. Each package provides a single, consistent API giving access to all underlying supported formats so that implementation is easy for your development team and access to all formats is consistent and simplified for your users.
HOOPS Exchange Import:
HOOPS Exchange Import enables your applications to quickly and accurately import data from proprietary formats including Autodesk Inventor®, CATIA®, Creo™ Parametric, Pro/ Engineer®, Rhino, Siemens PLM Software’s NX™, Solid Edge® and SolidWorks®, and industry standard formats including JT, IGES, STEP, Parasolid® and STL for manufacturing and Industry Foundation Classes (IFC) for BIM applications.
HOOPS Exchange Export:
Applications using HOOPS Exchange Export can easily integrate with your customers’ workflows by exporting ACIS®, IGES, JT, Parasolid, PRC, STEP, STL and U3D.
For each Tech Soft 3D product, licensing and license fees are designed to provide excellent value, helping developers spend their R&D funds efficiently and quickly deliver successful products to market. Specific license fees vary depending on the Tech Soft 3D products and modules required, the level of service and support desired, end-user seat volumes, operating business model, etc.
We would be glad to arrange a consultation with a member of our Business Development team to review your specific project and provide detailed licensing information based on your own requirements. To arrange your consultation please contact us today.
Don't just take our word for it…
"We chose to work with Tech Soft 3D because they are a proven leader in providing 3D technology to companies like ours. Their HOOPS family of 3D development tools fit seamlessly into our cloud approach, and their platform flexibility will allow us to deploy our breakthrough solution in both the desktop browser and mobile environments."
Michael Payne, CEO, Kenesto