HOOPS Exchange 2019 Supports Autodesk Revit for AEC Workflows
While deepening support for existing manufacturing and AR/VR workflows
February 26, 2019 – Bend, OR USA – Tech Soft 3D, the leading provider of software development toolkits to engineering software companies, today announces the release of HOOPS® Exchange 2019, the industry’s fastest and most accurate CAD data reuse technology for manufacturing and architecture, engineering and construction (AEC) workflows. With the addition of Autodesk® Revit® format support, HOOPS Exchange 2019 provides an unprecedented ability to engineering software developers to create applications that enable and empower AEC applications.
“Fast growing technologies such as cloud, mobile computing and 3D PDF are making collaboration and communication far easier than ever before within the AEC industry,” said Eric Vinchon, VP of Product. “The AEC industry has embraced BIM, and Autodesk Revit has driven that transformation. We are excited to support Autodesk Revit on all platforms, which empowers architecture and engineering software developers to create the kind of robust and sophisticated applications needed to design, engineer and construct buildings around the word.”
HOOPS Exchange 2019 continues to improve support for various 3D file formats, features and functionality to seamlessly work within engineering software for manufacturing, AEC, augmented reality (AR) and virtual reality (VR) applications. These areas of enhanced support include:
- FBX® import and export is now supported – FBX is widely used to exchange 3D assets between Autodesk® 3ds Max® and Maya®, and Unity, and is popular with AR and VR applications.
- glTF™ import enables Physically Based Rendering (PBR) for improved graphics that is one step closer to photo-realism.
- Grid-aligned tessellation mode is now supported, a new method to perform accurate tessellation upon loading, which improves visualization for AR and VR applications.
- Semantic PMI is now supported in SolidWorks®, along with feature information, such as hole types and patterns. The complete list (feature creation tree) of all features used to create the model will be available, including the associated feature geometry such as faces and edges, which helps automate and optimize downstream processes in analysis, manufacturing and metrology.
- New format support in addition to Revit, FBX and glTF includes OBJ, 3ds Max and COLLADA™. Format updates include import of Autodesk® Inventor® 2019, Solid Edge® 2019, SolidWorks 2019, Parasolid® 31 and JT™ 10.2, and export of JT 10.
- Motion and kinematic analysis applications can now identify components within a CAD assembly that are rigidly fixed to each other with HOOPS Exchange 2019 for CATIA™, NX™, SolidWorks and PTC Creo® files.
- Mass property calculation improvements with exact physical properties computing for volume, surface, center of gravity and moments of inertia.
About HOOPS Exchange
HOOPS Exchange delivers complete, cost effective and accurate 3D CAD data access to multiple file formats faster than any other solution. Companies such as Aras, 3D Systems, Siemens, Stratasys, Actify, New River Kinematics, DP Technology, Shapr3D, CD-adapco and many more rely on HOOPS Exchange’s underlying technology to give their desktop, mobile, cloud or enterprise applications a competitive edge. Developers interested in exploring the capabilities of the HOOPS Exchange API can download a demo, or build a prototype by requesting a free 60-day evaluation.
About Tech Soft 3D
Tech Soft 3D is the leading global provider of development tools that help software teams deliver successful applications. Established in 1996 and headquartered in Bend, Oregon, Tech Soft 3D also has offices in California, France, England, Germany and Japan. The company’s toolkit products power nearly 500 unique applications running on hundreds of millions of computers worldwide. For more information, visit www.techsoft3d.com.
HOOPS is a registered trademark of Tech Soft 3D. All other products or company references are the property of their respective holders. All other brand names, product names or trademarks belong to their respective holders.