Platform Products Autodesk Inventor OEM
Available exclusively from Tech Soft 3D, the Autodesk® Inventor® OEM development platform enables developers to build custom applications with the Inventor advanced modeling platform.
With the easy-to-use Inventor Wizard, load your plugins into new applications and create a custom look and feel with one-of-a-kind UI elements, icons, naming, branding and pricing. The result is an application uniquely yours, built on the proven power of Autodesk Inventor.
You will also become an important Autodesk partner, introducing your application into the broader Autodesk application ecosystem and driving sales growth.
Autodesk Inventor OEM enables developers to build custom applications built on Autodesk Inventor technology. The benefit of using Inventor OEM over writing an application that runs in Inventor is that you can package your application with Inventor OEM and deliver it as your own application. Your customers don't need to know that it is based on Inventor since it is installed using your installer, licensed with your licensing, and is branded as your product (application name, splash screen, and various other icons), save the "Powered By Autodesk Inventor" graphic in the zero-document state.
You can choose to include Inventor commands as-is or create your own commands. To create a custom application using Inventor OEM use the Inventor API and supply your functionality through an add-in.
Autodesk Inventor OEM is essentially Inventor with additional capabilities as detailed below:
- It is modular. Your application might only need to use the 'part function'. With Inventor OEM you can choose which components to install; 'part' only, 'part' and 'assembly', or 'part', 'assembly', and 'drawing' for example.
- The branding is configurable so you can define your own application name, splash screen, application icons, executable name, etc.
- It is independent of Inventor with regards to shared files and registry entries. This means it can be installed on a machine that has Inventor or another OEM application.
- It is independent of Autodesk licensing, allowing you to control the licensing.
Evaluate different design ideas before creating detailed part and assembly models. Using the Inventor OEM sketch environment, you can quickly capture design ideas as versatile 2D layouts. Combining the power of constraints with easy-to-use tools for modifying sketches lets you try different design concepts and control color and line style, allowing you to find the best way to convey your design ideas.
Advanced Shape Description
Create a wide range of complex geometries by easily combining solids and surfaces. Inventor OEM gives you precise control of shape characteristics such as tangency and continuity. Advanced modeling tools include Loft to a Point, N-Sided Patch, Sweep Normal to Surface, Area Loft, Centerline Loft, G2 Continuous Fillets, Full Round Fillets, and Face-to-Face Fillets
Quickly and easily modify shape details using surfaces from Inventor OEM or by incorporating imported surfaces. Construct 3D part geometry from a closed set of surfaces, and incorporate imported surface data into the model using the Sculpt tool to modify existing parts by adding or removing material.
Quickly assemble individual parts and subassemblies to define the complete product structure. Verify that your product can be assembled. Insert and position new components in the assembly, using constraints to capture the positional relationships that define fixed and moving components.
Large Assembly Performance
Realize the benefits of 3D design when developing very large assemblies. Native shrinkwrap gives you the ability to manage large assemblies by converting sub-assemblies into simplified part models or lightweight surface models. With level of detail (LOD) representations, you can switch between full and lightweight representations to control memory consumption and increase performance. A large assembly “capacity meter” shows you how much memory is available.
Easily design and document product families using assembly configurations to define variations from a master assembly. Exclude or substitute individual components and make changes to dimension and constraint values. Document the whole part or assembly configuration using the Table tool, which automatically creates the parameter table in a 2D drawing.
Plastic Part Design
Functional plastic features, rule-based fillets and powerful multi-body workflows simplify the design of high-quality molded part models.
Sheet Metal Styles
Generate flat patterns that accurately reflect your manufacturing capabilities. Control sheet metal unfolding with styles that define the material thickness, bend rules, and corner reliefs. To control the unfolding geometry, Inventor software supports linear unfolding, custom unfold equations, and custom bend tables.
Inventor OEM includes the iLogic™ module, which extends and enhances the parametric design capabilities of Inventor OEM, automates tedious design tasks, and adds higher levels of design intelligence to the production of digital prototypes. With easy-to-use authoring capabilities and an intuitive user interface, Inventor OEM iLogic integrates seamlessly with Inventor OEM.
Using Inventor iLogic you can:
- Create smart parts and assemblies that define multiple product configurations and make automatic updates in real-time based on logical relationships between design parameters such as mass, volume, dimensional values, material types, feature and component activation or suppression, patterns, and more.
- Simplify rules-based design with easy-to-use, clickable tools that any Inventor user working at the individual and engineering workgroup level can use – even those with little or no programming experience.
- Automate tedious design tasks by adding higher than ever before levels of intelligence to your digital prototypes.
A rules driven design solution
The iLogic module allows designers and engineers to capture and embed engineering and product knowledge directly into virtual models. iLogic introduces a design for reuse and automation methodology that is the next logical step in parametric modeling. Whereas parametric design allows the capturing of design intent, iLogic design in Inventor OEM allows the capture of design intelligence and offers the possibility for custom design of standard parts.
- Uses the power of Autodesk Inventor to capture initial parametric design intent. iLogic is used to define the product behaviors, using logimetric rules, that result from changing the design input values.
- Provides easy access to powerful design automation functions through a simple, user-friendly interface designed for users with little or no programming experience.
- Lets users add knowledge to existing designs with full support for iparts and iassemblies. Rules can be added to any Inventor part or assembly model transforming it into a reusable knowledge asset.
- Extends Inventor’s parameter types to include Boolean, string and multi-value lists.
- Defines product behavior based on true or false input or property values, such as Material type, Mass or even custom properties.
- Allows design and engineering knowledge to be defined and stored as iLogic Rule objects that are embedded directly into the models. With iLogic there are no new documents to manage!
- Introduces a new way of capturing design intent that goes far beyond what can be achieved with only parametric design capability.
iLogic enables a rules-driven design for Inventor OEM by equipping CAD designers and CAD engineers with an easy-to-use solution seamlessly integrated into Inventor OEM.
For each Tech Soft 3D product, licensing and license fees are designed to provide excellent value, helping developers spend their R&D funds efficiently and quickly deliver successful products to market. Specific license fees vary depending on the Tech Soft 3D products and modules required, the level of service and support desired, end-user seat volumes, operating business model, etc.
We would be glad to arrange a consultation with a member of our Business Development team to review your specific project and provide detailed licensing information based on your own requirements. To arrange your consultation please contact us today.
Don't just take our word for it…
Apply for a FREE 90-day software evaluation today to explore the features and review the benefits of building your application on the Inventor Platform.